Jul 12, 2013

Random Ramblings on the anniversary of my daddy's death.

     Today marks the year anniversary of my father's death. Thankfully, my emotions are in check for this occasion. I'm feeling a little sadness but nothing extreme. My greatest sorrow comes from the fact my "daddy's-little-girl" hat is no longer wearable. Father's Day was really tough. Today isn't as bad. My grieving process has had a very long anger stage (anger at dad for not taking care of his body; anger at myself for the denial that kept me from being able to physically say goodbye; anger at my family for, of all times not to tell me they were at the hospital and worried, this was it), but I'm slowly moving to sorrow and acceptance.
     My dad let his health go and thought the time for change had passed. Maybe to a certain extent that was true, but he could have tried. The same applies to the lost soul. Until you breath your last breath, you can still come into the loving arms of Jesus, who is always willing and able to forgive and help you. No matter what you've done or haven't done. If dad could visit the earth again, I think he'd quote Ecclesiastes 12. Read it, ponder it, learn from it and live by it. My "daddy's-little-girl" hat is not destroyed, just put in storage. I hang on to the hope that I will see dad again in the presence of my daddy of all daddies, my heavenly father.
     In my welcome blog, I called my Christianity a hat, but really it's the hat rack on which I hang all my hats. My every move and decision is based on my belief in a God who created this world, who loves me and has called me into his kingdom by sending his son to die for my sins. An interesting distinction, I think...

Hats off to you, my friend. I will write again, but until then...
hang on to your hat! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of this post!